Many service centers sign up with ClearMechanic precisely because they have prior experience with photo-taking. When they understand the automation, sophistication and simplicity of ClearMechanic’s Visual Selling Solution, the switch from a manual process to an automated solution is an easy decision.
To start off, we have a simple question for service centers not already using ClearMechanic: how many vehicle photos or videos do you share with customers on a daily basis?
If you run a typical service center, the answer is “0 photo” or “1 photo” because you find the process too time-consuming to repeat for every customer. This data speaks for itself. Trying to share photos with customers on a regular basis is extremely difficult without ClearMechanic. In contrast, the average ClearMechanic customer shares 300 real-time photos per month. Our peak customer takes 2,000 photos and videos per month! The reason for such high utilization is that our process is incredibly fast (and generates a meaningful increase in sales).
Whether you fall in this category or have implemented your own manual photo-taking process, please read on. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Summary: Why ClearMechanic’s Visual Selling Solution is Superior to a “Do-It-Yourself Process”
- Faster: ClearMechanic’s process is much, much faster.
- E-mail, SMS Text Message and Web Simultaneously: ClearMechanic automatically sends photos through e-mail, text message and web. Regular cameras cannot address all three communication channels without significant manual effort per photo.
- Professional: Our professional viewing interface is superior to a consumer viewing a raw image file and allows hundreds of photos to be featured on a service center’s website.
- Video Capability: ClearMechanic enables real-time video capability from our mobile applications, a very tough item to implement with a regular camera (particularing the automated sending of large files).
- Expert Diagrams: ClearMechanic automatically features expert diagrams and illustrations next to each vehicle photo.
- "Add Arrow" Feature: ClearMechanic’s “add arrow” feature allows users to identify vehicle damage directly on a photo. This cannot be done with a regular digital camera or smartphone camera.
- Permanent Data Storage and Private Dashboard: ClearMechanic stores vehicle photos forever and makes them accessible through our "Private Dashboard," searchable by RO number, employee name, repair type and other criteria.
Detailed Explanation of Each Summary Point
1) ClearMechanic is much, much faster.
"Taking photos is easy. Instantly sharing them is hard." If it is not easy to share vehicle photos with customers, service center employees will simply not take photos. It’s that simple. Resistance to change is high, which means an extra 30-60 seconds to plug in a cable or manually type in an e-mail address will not be tolerated by shop employees users.
Remember that this comparison assumes a shop only wants to perform the basic task of e-mailing a photo to a consumer. However, if you want to implement more advanced processes, such as sharing real-time video clips, ClearMechanic's superiority as a solution becomes even more striking.
2) ClearMechanic automatically sends photos through e-mail, text message and web. Regular cameras cannot address all three communication channels. Our professional viewing interface is superior to a consumer viewing a raw image file and allows hundreds of photos to be featured on a service center’s website.
It is frustrating for service center employees to take vehicle photos and later find out a customer never viewed them. ClearMechanic solves this by immediately posting vehicle photos online and automatically sending photos to customers by e-mail and text message. This ensures the customer can view the photos in a reasonable timeframe.
Simply using your smartphone camera or a regular digital camera only allows sharing photos through one communication channel. Imagine taking a photo of a brake pad with your iPhone and trying to e-mail that photo to a customer, then sending it by text message and finally posting it to your web site. This would take at least several minutes for the most tech savvy user. Repeating that process across dozens or hundreds of customers per month is a non-starter.
3) ClearMechanic enables real-time video sharing capability from our mobile applications.
Perhaps our most popular feature is the ability to share real-time video clips. This is a very tough item to implement with a regular camera or native smartphone camera, as the large video files (10-20 mb each) make sharing unwieldy and slow. Consumers may also perceive it as unprofessional to receive a large video file attachment and download / open it from their personal computers. Today's consumer is accustomed to viewing videos instantly through YouTube; downloading large, unknown files is a big ask.
For excellent examples of ClearMechanic's real-time video capability in action, please review these case studies.
4) ClearMechanic automatically features expert diagrams and illustrations next to each vehicle photo.
ClearMechanic's team of dedicated illustrators and technicians have generated over 1,000 proprietary technical diagrams explaining virtually all repairs and car parts. These diagrams and illustrations are automatically featured next to vehicle photos. Each diagram is technician-approved and consumer-friendly, helping customers to place their vehicle images in context.
5) ClearMechanic’s “add arrow” feature allows our clients to identify vehicle damage directly on a photo. This cannot be done with a regular camera.
ClearMechanic’s mobile application gives users the option to drag and drop a red arrow pointing to any portion of a vehicle photo. The arrow can point to worn tire tread, leaking coolant, rusted brake pads and any other visual defect. The “add arrow” feature is used on approximately 70% of all ClearMechanic photos. This is not available on a regular smartphone camera or digital camera.
6) ClearMechanic stores vehicle photos forever and makes them accessible through our "Private Dashboard," searchable by RO number, employee name, repair type and other criteria.
ClearMechanic stores all vehicle photos and videos permanently for easy future access. If a shop tries to implement its own solution, then multiple service center employees will take photos on their own cameras and the photos will be stored on each camera in a decentralized, unstructured manner.
A crucial aspect of ClearMechanic’s mobile application is that it forces photos to be uploaded in a structured manner. Every batch of photos must include an RO number (or other customer ID number) and a repair type. This is built into our application’s photo-taking process. Because of this structured format, a service center could search our database for vehicle photos days or weeks later simply by entering an RO number.
The power of ClearMechanic’s model is that we require structured photo-taking, but the program is still far quicker than any alternative.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a live demonstration of ClearMechanic or to request pricing information. Start visual selling today!